Sunday, October 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie


Original Oyster House is a restaurant in Gulf Shores, Alabama that makes a seriously awesome peanut butter chocolate chip pie.  For years, I have been saying that I wish I had the recipe, so the other day, I decided to Google “Original Oyster House peanut butter pie recipe,” and guess what… The Original Oyster House website actually has the recipe on it.  Man, was I excited (and a little disapointed that I waited so long for that Google search)!!
Start with 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1 cup of peanut butter.
Add in 8 ounces of powdered sugar.  The recipe calls for a tablespoon of Kahlua, but I don't keep Kahlua around, and I wasn't going to buy it just to put a tablespoon of it in a pie, so I just used 1 tablespoon of water to help break down the powdered sugar.
Cream it all together. 

Add 16 ounces of Cool Whip, and mix that in.

Then fold in 3/4 of a cup of mini chocolate chips. This is when my camera died, but I'm sure you can figure out the next step on your own.  Just pour it all in a chocolate or Oreo pie crust.  That's really all there is to it, and it's seriously sooo sooo yummy!!

Also, I had to borrow the first picture from Original Oyster House's website, as my camera died, and we ate the pie before I could take a picture.  I hope they don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment