Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oreo Treats (or whatever you want to call them)

I’ve made another great find on Pinteret.  They’re Oreo Rice Crispy Treats. Or Oreo Crispy Treats. Or just Oreo Treats.  Anyway, whatever you call them, they are just like Rice Crispy Treats, but made with crushed up Oreos instead of Rice Crispy cereal.  They are just as good, and just as easy to make, but just something a little different.  All that you need to make these is a pack of Oreos, 5 cups of mini marshmallows, and half a stick of butter.  Oh yeah, some Pam (or other nonstick spray) would be a good idea, too!
Start by melting half a stick (4 tablespoons) of butter in a large pot.  I guess that you could use some kind of fake butter if you have to, but why would you want to? 
Then, put the Oreos in a zippy-top bag (yes, I just used "zippy-top"), and zip the top. 

Apparently, some stores (like the Dollar General, where we got these Oreos) carry some products in weird sized packages.  Who knew?  Anyway, if you just get a regular sized package of Oreos from a regular grocery store, you will probably have to use a bigger zippy-top bag. 
 Then, use a rolling pin, and really beat the heck out of the Oreos.  You could also use a food processor, but that wouldn't have been as much fun.
 Once the butter is melted, add the 5 cups of mini marshmallows.
 Stir them all around, and let them melt completely.

I don't have any pictures of the next part, because it had to happen pretty quickly, I only have two hands, and I had a toddler wrapped around my legs, but pour the crushed up Oreos in the pot, and stir it all up.
Then pour it all in a well greased pan.  I used a round pan because 1. it was the first pan I grabbed, 2. it doesn't take up too much space in my dish washer, and 3. my Oreo mixture was lacking some volume (due to the weird sized package of cookies), and I didn't want my treats to be too thin.  That being said, use whatever kind of pan you want. 

I also want to add that I wish that I had crushed up my Oreos a little bit more.  They still tasted great, but I'm sure that it would have improved the texture.
Slice them up, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment