Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pasta with Marinara and Chicken Thighs

 Look what I got for my birthday!! ^^ A beautiful Dutch oven! Of course I've been using it like someone was about to come take it away, and I just love it. This is a super easy (you use a jar of marinara sauce), not-so-fancy recipe, that was just really yummy. 
 Start by thinly slicing an onion. 
 Put some olive oil in the Dutch oven, and get it hot.
 Salt and pepper one side of boneless skinless chicken thighs.  Until a few months ago, I really didn't like dark meat chicken (or so I thought), but I have recently discovered that I really like these "thigh filets" as they are called. 
 Put the seasoned side down in the hot oil, and salt and pepper the other side of the chicken. 
 When the first side is brown and crispy, flip it over and do he other side.  You aren't cooking the chicken through at this point. You're just cooking the outsides.
 Remove the chicken from the pan.
Throw the onions and some minced garlic in the Dutch oven, and let them cook for a while.  Let them get brown and soft (and maybe transparent if you have the time).
Put the chicken back in on top of the onions. 
Pour in a jar of marinara sauce.  I know that I could make my own marinara, and that it's not really that hard, but the stuff in the jar is pretty dang yummy, and just too easy, so I went with that.
 Cover, and put in a preheated 300 degree oven for an hour or two, 
Serve over some pasta.  Any kind of pasta.  It's so good!

If you don't have a Dutch oven, you can put the chicken, onions, and garlic in a pan to cook on top of the stove, and then in something different to cook in the oven.  However, I would really suggest investing in a Dutch oven.  I know that I've been cooking many years without one, but since getting mine, I have no idea how I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment