Monday, October 31, 2011

3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


It should go without saying that these muffins aren’t going to taste like pumpkin muffins that you really truly make from scratch, but you know what… they were still good enough for me to eat about a dozen of them the night I made them.  Honestly, I was surprised by how tasty they were, and they’re so easy to make, that there’s not harm in giving it a try (unless you eat 12 of them like I did).  I know that some people make them without the chocolate chips, but I really really really think that it needs the chocolate chips.  Not just because I love chocolate chips, but also because it helps with the texture quite a bit, but I’ll let you make that call. 
Start with a box of moist yellow cake mix and a 15 ounce can of pumpkin. 
 Mix it up.  It is going to be a very sticky, thick batter, but don't worry.  It will all be okay.
 Throw in some chocolate chips, and mix them in.  I used a little less than half of a bag, and I felt like it needed a few more, but I really love chocolate.
 If you have awesome pumpkin liners, put them in the muffin pan.  If you don't, just spray it well with some non-stick spray.  These don't really rise like other muffins, so I really could have put more in each one, but I didn't think of that at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, of course.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. That's seriously all that you have to do.  Just be careful that you don't hurt yourself inhaling them!

No comments:

Post a Comment