Friday, October 21, 2011

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

Last week I started working nights, and I was so extra sleepy that I didn’t cook a single thing.  I’m serious; I didn’t even use the microwave.  However, this week I have gotten my act together.  Well, kind of together.  Okay, maybe not really together, but more together than last week. 
Earlier this week, I made Buffalo chicken sandwiches in the Crock Pot.  Sometimes I just get on a kick where I want to cook everything in the Crock Pot, but I don’t really think that there’s anything wrong with that.  Especially not when it’s as yummy as this stuff.

Start by putting 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the Crock Pot.

Pour in a bottle of Buffalo sauce.  I have been using Frank's because it has zero calories, but I'm a wimp, and I have decided that it's time to find a new brand, because it's too spicy for me.  However, the Bunny loves it.  I told you that I'm a wimp.

 Sprinkle an envelope of Ranch seasoning mix.

 
Don't even worry about stirring it up.  Just put the lid on, and cook on high for about 4 hours (or on low all day).  I cooked mine on high for about 6 hours, and it was perfectly fine.  This recipe definitely isn't fussy!

 Once it's done, take two forks and pull it all apart.  Sorry about the weird picture!  The sun was quickly setting, so it looks funky, but it's definitely more appetizing than it looks right here.


These sandwiches are perfectly acceptable to eat on paper plates.  Actually, you could just wrap it in a paper towel like the Hubster did, and no one will think twice about it.

Enjoy, and I will update if I find a better brand of Buffalo sauce for my wimpy taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment